Another Project...


Ugly Molding Before

Pretty White Molding After

Kitchen Before




Kitchen After

So I finally convinced Trevor it would be a good idea to take down the wall between our family room and kitchen. Jerry(Trevor's dad) and Trevor worked a long and dusty 6 hours to complete the project. I am so thankful for my Grandma Harp who came over the next day to watch Peyton while I vaccuumed, mopped, wiped, vacuumed, wiped, mopped.....there was so much dust everywhere, I probely should have taken the time to drape our furnature and floor...duh, it was such a mess but the work is beautiful. We still have the sheetrocking to do but I have to say it has made such a difference having the room open. The best part is being able to mingle with visitors from our kitchen. And after 3 weeks of literally watching paint dry, our molding and doors are finally done as well. No more ugly brown molding!! So now that the wall has come down and our molding painted, our next project will be painting the family room (for the 3rd time) and finally getting the ugly mud color off our walls...I'm thinking a light toupe!!

***Thank you Jerry, Billie, and Grandma Harp for helping us get these projects done!!!***

5 comments:

Marion Acres said...

Beautiful! I love it all, you are so brave to paint all the moulding and doors, there is no way I would do that again.. what a JOB! And the kitchen looks lovely, I can't wait to have a second car so I can actually come visit you at your place for once! ;) Nice work guys!

Valerie: said...

your house looks really good after all your improvements!! Payton is getting so big.

Julie said...

Hey Brit,
You did so much painting I even heard about it all the way here in Michigan Ha!, My Mom told me about it, Looks great. I love tearing down walls. I did it once while Mike was gone to work and until I could show him I covered it up with a quilt! NEVER leave me alone with a hammer

Jerai Moulton said...

I love doing home projects! They are so much fun and so rewarding! I also know what it's like to get ride of the ugly old brown wood!! We used to have brown wooden doors and recently replaced them with white ones. It makes such a BIG difference!

The Looney Kids said...

Great job! It looks so nice! I hear ya on the dust, we tiled our bathrooms and cut the tile for the master inside...I draped everything before, but it gets everywhere!