WELCOME BABY GWEN!!!


Our little Gwen Lorraine is finally here!

In case you're wondering Gwen was a totally random name that popped in our heads and we miraculously agreed on it, and Lorraine is my grandma Harp's first name. My grandma has had a huge impact in my life and we wanted to honor all she has done for our family by passing her name on through Gwen.

As for delivery, it went better than expected this time. Can I say I LOVE being induced...the best thing ever! Trevor and I checked into the hospital at 9:30am. After getting settled into our room they started my Pitocin and by 1:30pm I had my epidural. It was such a different experience being rested and relaxed this time as opposed to last. My doctor cam in at 4:10 to brake my water and by 6:31pm little Gwen was born. I only pushed for about 3o minutes, as opposed to 3 hours with Peyton. I had so much energy to spare it was amazing! Gwen was healthy and happy. She had all 9's for her apgars which is almost perfect and gave a good strong cry when she was born. She weighed 7lbs. 14oz. (only 1 oz smaller than Peyton) and was 20.5 inches long just as Peyton was. However instead of white blonde hair and pale skin, Gwen has dark blonde hair, blue eyes, and an olive skin tone. I'm pretty excited these girls will have their own distinct look. She has been a great baby so far. She nurses great, sleeps a lot, and has already started smiling. Peyton seems to be adjusting as well as you could expect. While she is gentle with Gwen she has started becoming much more dramatic and clingy, especially towards Trevor. Bedtime is a complete mess though is slowly getting back to normal, and her good eating habits are pretty much non existent. So whether its the terrible twos or the effects of a new baby in the home, I just want my little Peyton back and hope she returns soon. I seem to be struggling almost as much as Peyton. I miss my one on one time with her and feel terrible when I have to tend to Gwen when Peyton needs me. Juggling a nursing baby, a two year old, and the everyday responsibilities of a stay at home mom with a kink in the neck that wont go away combined with a migraine has me thinking 2 is enough for me!! But I have to say having 2 beautiful, healthy, most of the time happy little girls is totally worth it. But if anyone has some good mommy advice to help with anything above, I am all ears!!!

NEWBORN PICTURE ARE DONE!!!
(look below)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Janeck Family, what a beautiful name for such a pretty little girl! Hang in there, your capacity will continue to grow until you think having two is just a breeze:) Find joy in the journey, you have a beautiful family! Try to get Peyton to help you, make her feel vested in all the activity, will make her feel important!:)