HaPpY FouRtH!

Every year when the Fourth of July comes around, I am reminded of how thankful I am to have been born in such a wonderful country.  I know I know, these last many many years have pretty much sucked for most, but regardless of all the hardships we have encountered, compared to other countries, we really are quite blessed. Thinking about these things then leads me to think of my family and all that we have been through, how close we have become, and all the memories we have shared...good and bad. I really couldn't ask for more!! (except to move to bend!)

I just LOVE holidays! I don't care what holiday it is really, all I know is I either get to spend quality time with family or do something amazing, creative, and fun with the kids and on the fourth I get to enjoy both!!!

This year we started off our day at a community breakfast that our church puts on every year in our neighborhood. It was so yummy and the girls had a great time stuffing their faces with pancakes!  






Next we headed to Hillsboro to watch the parade with Trevor's brother Brian and his family. This was the girls' first parade and they were so excited. It was pretty entertaining but they threw hardly ANY candy! Needless to say the kids AND the adults were very disappointed....LAME! However, we did get 4 free entries to Out Of This World Pizza, so I'm not going to complain to much.




















When the parade was finished we jumped in the car and headed home for Gwen to take a quick nap, then were off again to visit my Aunt and Uncle for Independence Day Lunch at their home with my family. This year we could only stay a short while before we had to be back at our home to host a BBQ for Trevor's family. I had such a fun time decorating this year too! Some friends of our came into town from Utah as well. It was so much fun!





When dusk came we walked up the street to enjoy the annual firework show in Oak Hills neighborhood. SO AMAZING!!! I mean you really can beat being able to WALK 10 minutes to a show where you can lay on cool grass, eat treats, visit with hundreds of friends from church and the neighborhood, and cuddle under beautiful fireworks complete with music, then be home in 10 more minutes without waiting in traffic!













A PERFECT ENDING TO THE BEST 4th OF JULY SO FAR!

No comments: