Mother's Day / Birthday Get Away

For my birthday this year we camped at Trout Creek, one of my favorite spots, right on the Deschutes River. It was a beautiful weekend, one of the first since we have moved to Bend and I was so grateful to finally feel the hot sun on my skin!! We stayed for two nights just the two of us while my mom and step dad watched our girls. There wasn't two much to do which is just how I like to spend my Mother's Day. We did attempt to climb the hill see in the first photo but just after a few 100 yards we came upon a baby rattle snake. The first I have ever seen which is surprising though I have been in rattlesnake territory more than 100 times. That was my hint that we probably shouldn't try our luck to hike any further, though Trevor tried to convince me all would be well. It was such a great weekend spending time just the two of us.










No comments: