Our reunion with the Doctor that saved Peyton's Life

It has been 2 years since Peyton was fighting for her life from Ecoli. These past two years have been so wonderful. To see her grow and learn and enjoy living life has been such a blessing. Since she was sick I have seen amazing blessing come unto to our family. We have become stronger and closer to each other as well as our Father in Heaven and our savior Jesus Christ. With out the faith we had in Them we would have suffered through this trial so much more. I now have an unbreakable trust in God. That is such a strong word isn't it, TRUST. To have trust in someone with your life, your family, and your purpose. Especially someone you haven't seen or don't remember ever seeing. He has been what holds me together everyday, who I hang onto in every decision I make wondering if it's the right one, and when I don't know where I'm going or what will happen tomorrow, I remember He does and He knows I can handle it. As long as I TRUST in Him. I refuse to forget what He did for my family and every time I might I am quickly brought back to that day, holding my daughters hand in the hospital just after she had her seizure, when she was at the bottom. Her kidneys had failed, her blood pressure skyrocketed as well as her fever, her blood was filled with toxins literally attacking every part of her body and her lungs were filling will fluid. Seeing her lying there with a breathing tube, swollen, sedated, and with multiple IV's attached to her, I felt so helpless and terrified. That is the day I couldn't stand on my own any longer. My legs gave out and I dropped to my knees to pray sobbing. Of course, I had been praying since the day we checked in but this time felt different. I was loosing hope, and I hated that feeling. I knew what I had to say but to say those four words terrified me because of what it might mean. I took a breath and sobbing said "Thy will be done". The feeling I felt that moment while praying I hardly have words for. My heart felt like it weighed 100 pounds and the rest of my body felt numb almost floating. I couldn't hardly find the words to speak anything more and I didn't have to. I knew He was watching and I knew He was listening. In that moment I was given the strength I needed. The strength to watch over her, to fast for her, and to be an example of faith to those around me. The next day our family as well as the adults and children from our church volunteered to fast for Peyton's recovery. The days following brought back our hope.  It was literally the day after fasting that her body decided to work again and every day brought more good news. 5 days later she was coming home with us. 

Everyday since has been a journey in strengthening our faith. I lost an aunt to cancer, a cousin expectantly, 2 family dogs, struggled through the economy, and moved to Bend away from everything we have known for so long. But each trial brought new hope. Loosing family and friends have reminded me that we will reunite once again and they are not to far away. Though I cant see them now, I will when it comes my time to go HOME and they are worth the wait. Moving to Bend has been a great experience for our family, change is good. Though I was nervous at first, the church has brought so many genuine friendships to us and we get to see our family more often then expected. We love our new home, the people we have meant and finally feel complete.




 Because of the extent of her sickness and the damage her little body went through all pediatric HUS (kidney failure) patients have to be checked annually until they are 18 years of age. This was Peyton's second check up and I was so excited because this time we were able to see Dr. Rozansky. We hadn't seen him since that day we brought Peyton home. It was because of him we learned of an experimental treatment that would end up saving her life. She remembered him surprisingly since she was only 2 1/2. 
Everything checked out perfectly. Her kidneys were functioning as they were supposed to at her age and blood and urine results were normal. He was very pleased. I only wish I could have done a happy dance and gave him a great big hug but I'm sure all of the above would have been a tad inappropriate. I settle for a simple thank you and we were on our way.  I am so bumbed I didn't get a photo with her doctor. It completely escaped my mind. 

 Our favorite statue at Doernbecher Children's hospital.
The day she came home 2010
2 years later 2012

To learn more about HUS go HERE

To read past posts from Peyton's fight with Ecoli and HUS click "Peyton's Miracle" at the top of the page.

No comments: