Wahclella Falls


Saturday we decided to head up to the Columbia River Gorge to hike the Wahclella Falls trail. It's only a 2 mile hike, to the falls and back, and was a perfect first for Peyton. She did fall asleep for part of the walk but otherwise loved looking at the water and trees. The weather was very pleasent and it wasn't too crowded. It was beautiful.Bonniville Fish Hatchery

We then drove over to the Bonniville Fish Hatchery where they have some of the biggest sturgeon I have ever seen. There were pools that held hundreds of Rainbow Trout were you can feed the fish and even pet them. I dont know if touching the fish is allowed but kids managed to do it anyway. We got a picture of Peyton infront one of the largest White Sturgeon in the viewing tank. It looked like it could swallow her whole. Trevor said it was about 10 feet long and they looked as big as some sharks. It was a pretty amazing.
3 comments:
I miss Oregon!!!
Looks like you guys had a great time! I need to get out hiking or something before the summer ends. Seems like the weeks are flying by!
Hey :) I am starting up a local weekly hiking/nature trail group trip for parents and kids, and would love it if you could come!
http://oregonmoms.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment