I was sitting here getting caught up on my fellow bloggers posts when I realized, not olny have I been slacking on ours, but Gwen is 6 months old today!!! What kind of mother am I? Ugh, time goes by so gosh darn fast. So, I am going to try my best to summarize these last few months.
First off Trevor celebrated his 28th birthday on August 25th. We did our traditional family birthday party at his parents where his mom cooked yummy steak and we had cupcakes for dessert. Peyton was very excited to help daddy blow out the candles!

Then we started Septmeber with a family hike to the Oneonta Falls in the Columbia Gorge. I was a little apprehensive not knowing how Gwen would do with the cold weather and being cooped up in a backpack. To our suprise she did wonderful. She was snug as a bug in her little carrier. Peyton did had a blast as she always does when she's outdoors. Through the hike you have to navigate over a huge log dam and walk through waist high cold water. Quite the task for our first hike with the girls. I helped Peyton over the logs and carried her through the water while Trev packed Gwen on his back. Once we reached the falls we had a yummy lunch then were on our way back. It was so much fun and we cant wait to take the girls again!!
Some one is a little tired!
Love little Gwen's bald head! HA!
Then there was the camping trip with daddy, uncle Brian, and cousins Mila and Ivan at Timothy Lake. They lucked out with pretty good weather as you can see in the photos which I'm greatful for!! Daddy bought Peyton her first fishing pole which she seemed to have a ball with. They took a ride in the canoe out to Little Crater Lake. Absolutely gorgeous from what I can see in the photos. I want to see it so bad...I suppose I'll have to wait until next summer. I'm not a happy camper in crappy weather!! They ended their day with yummy smores. Despite a few typical two year old moments, Peyton slept well and had a great time with her daddy.
















Then, on the 20th of September our little Gwen turned 6 MONTHS old!!! I can not believe it. These past six months have flown by so fast. She had her check up last week, she weighed 14lbs 7oz and was 25 inches long. I was shocked to hear she was in the 25th percentile. Peyton was always in the 95th until she was two!! She has been such a joy, even though the little squirt isn't sleeping through the night yet. She just recentley started sitting up on her own and is pretty close to crawling I think. For the past 2 months the poor girl has been teething and there is still no sign of any teeth popping through. Tylenol has therefor become our best friend!! She is looking more and more like Peyton everyday except for her hair line and round face. Her blue eyes have lightened a ton and I'm pretty certain they will stay blue like her sister's. She is giggly, always happy, and loves to roll around on the floor. She never gets tired of looking outside which is her favorite place to be. You can tell she loves her big sister too. Peyton entertains her often, dancing around infront of her and making obnoxious noises which Gwen thinks is helarious! She has also recently started saying "dada". I pretty sure she has no idea what she's saying becuase its mixed in with lots of babbles and bubbles, but I guess it still counts. Trevor heard it for the first time tonight and thought it was great of course. I'm sure these next 6 months will bring many more exciting firsts!

As for an update with Peyton, she is doing wonderful. We have an appointment on the 29th this month with her Neurologist (Brain specialist) and Nephrologist (Kidney specialist) to see if we can decrease both her anti seizure and blood pressure medications. She has had no problems or relapses though we are still waiting for her urine to clean up a bit. We still get weekly blood draws which she has gotten quite used to. She only cries when the needle goes in and sits calmly through the rest. I think its the lollipops and stickers she get afterward, plus the staff is great and everyone knows little Peyton. She has become quite the favorite! For some more awesome news we got our last hospital bill to total just over $200,000.00. Luckily we have amazing insurance and we only have to pay $1,500.00. Counting our blessings again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment