We had such a blast this Halloween with the girls and I was especially excited because I found both their costumes on sale. Peyton was excited to pick her costume this year. It was either Tinker Bell or Alice and I have to say I'm glad she "chose" Alice. Not only did you have to buy the Tink costume but also the wand, wings, and shoes to make it really look original. For Alice all we needed was the dress since we already had appropriate accessories, so after lots of persuasion and a tantrum or two (she really wanted the Tink wings) we left with Alice. For Gwen I found the most adorable lady bug costume (I couldn't find the Chesture Cat, that would have been so cute). That girl looked so darn adorable I didn't want to take it off her.
We started our Halloween celebration the night before at our annual church trunk-or-treat. Everyone opens the trunks of their car, decorates, and hands out candy. We have a BBQ and are served warm drinks. The kids love it and even some of the adults dress up too. We will definitely be doing that next year!! Then because Halloween landed on Sunday we started our afternoon off at church then headed over to Trevor's brother's for appetizers and to get ready for trick-or-treating. We had lots and lots of yummy food and cider. After our feast we headed out in the cold. to gather our goodies. Peyton was very polite saying "thank you" after each treat was given. Most of the houses we went to were decorated amazing. There was even one where a very scary ninja hid in the bushes. As we got closer I saw him jump out of the bushes as each trick or treater approached. At first I thought I'd run up ahead of the girls and ask him to refrain just once for our kids but then I thought "I wonder how Peyton would react". She is such a thrill seeker and it is Halloween of course. So I decided against being the "over protective mom" and let my little sweet girl approach the house. He jumped and yelled, she just stood there and stared. HA! Then she proceeded to the door got her candy and left. As she was leaving she looked back and stopped to see if he was still there. He had already gone back to hide for the next group. It was so funny to watch. We had a great time and I am so excited for next year. Gwen will be walking!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment