Her inner Tiger

This year we have tried to take full advantage of the outdoors with the girls. Gwen is finally old enough to enjoy the scenery and the people and has loved every moment of it no matter where we are. Though rainy and cold, the fall is no exception. I love the Fall most! Hot cider and cocoa, bright orange and red trees, and of course Thanksgiving...PUMPKIN PIE....!!! These are a few of my favorite fall things. Also, if we could light a fire in our fireplace without the whole house being filled with smoke, it too would be on the list. The girls have seemed to enjoy those things too. So I figured this fall we would visit as many pumpkin patches as we could. We visited Baggenstos out in Sherwood with my Dad, Alec, and Taylor. Peyton loved bowling with pumpkins and was so excited to find out she was going to get her face painted. She was adamant to be turned into a witch (which by the way was awful looking) but after much convincing she decided on a tiger. It turned out so adorable. Surprisingly it stayed on through the rest of our visit and suppertime. She almost enjoyed the taste of the paint as much as getting painted..uck! Gwen hung out in her carrier. It was a beautiful bright day and the place was very crowded, so she was completely distracted by people watching and anything else that moved. It was great to spend time with my dad and siblings.

Uncle Alec and Auntie Taylor

Grandpa teaching Peyton how to get a STRIKE!



My Awesome Dad

Our monkey...in socks...next up Smith rock...barefoot!


If only she could always be this cooperative!


Our painted Tiger!

Then this last week we met our friends Ashton and her daughter Peyton at Plumper's pumpkin patch in West Union. It was really cold and foggy but totally gorgeous...I thought. We didn't last long. After a few photos we were headed out to Munchkins Play land for some warmth and playtime.

Best of friends

I think she really believes she can pick it up!

The 3 little squirts


1-2-3 smile!!!
"OOH Sparkle!"

Gwen is getting so big...well developmentally at least. She's a little squirt for sure. At her last check up she was just over 14lbs. (in the 25th percentile). That's new to us since Peyton was always in the 90th-95th. She is so friendly and loves to giggle. Many people comment on how happy she is. She is my little cuddle bug. No one around here likes to cuddle so I'm glad I Gwen came along! Mom's just need some snuggle time every once in awhile right! The best thing...Peyton and Gwen have started to become the best of friends. I have been waiting for this day for 7 months. When ever Gwen gets hurt Peyton will say, "What happened Gwen? You get hurt? It's OK. You're all better" and she'll pat her on the head or back. When Gwen wakes up and is crying Peyton will be the first down the hallway saying "Someone woke up! Hi Gwen! You woke up!". Oh it melts my heart. Then today I went grocery shopping and thought what the heck, I'll get one of those half cart, half car things and put them both in it. we were all giggling up and down the isles the hole shopping trip. They are finally looking and acting like sisters. No more toddler and a baby. I am so excited to see what the next few months brings...and CHRISTMAS!!!!!
This morning when Gwen and I woke Peyton up and the first thing Peyton said pointing to her pillow was, "Mom put Gwen here".

Big sis cuddling Gwen as she fell asleep

Its been a great month so far. A little crazier than I would like but its good to be busy right!?

No comments: