Monthly Getaway { Astoria }

This month we decided to go to Astoria for our monthly couple's getaway. A friend of ours generously asked if we'd like to borrow their vacation home in town and Trevor had to do some work out there so we decided to make it a weekend trip! Thanks to Trev's parents and my grandmother we were kid free for three days!!! It started out as a beautiful day sunny but a little chilly. Trevor spent the day at work and I walked around town through the local shops and coffee houses. It was so relaxing to breath in the fresh air and have some much needed quite time. I found a little bench on the pier and hung out with my crossword puzzed and the passing ships for about an hour. Trevor and I met for lunch at a yummy mexican retaurant in town. The service was super friendly and the food was really good.





 After Trevor got off work we decided to fix dinner at home and watch a movie. Easier said then done. The dinner was great but after trying 2 different t.v's with two different DVD players and getting no sound or picture we decided the heck with it and took a walk instead. We thought it would be fun to find a place to play pool but had no luck. There was only a few places with pool tables and they were all taken so off we were to take a seanic drive. On our way home we passed a bowling alley and thought that's be fun only to be shut down again...haha. We were to late to start regular bowling and 30 minutes too early for cosmic bowling...lame. So we though we'd get some hot chocolate and head back for a game of cosmic. We returned later to sign up for 1 game only to be told we cant buy one game, we have to buy the full event and play from 9:30 - 12am. Defeated, we called it a night and went home.


The next day we decided to head down to our favorite place on the coast, Cannon Beach. I LOVE Cannon beach! We had a yummy lunch and the best root beer we have ever tasted. We found a cute little hat shop where Trev bought be the hat below which I love! We then went hunting for a special item to start a new family tradition. I recently read an article of a traveling family whole collection sand and rocks in unique glass bottles from each place they visited. I thought this would be some much fun to keep memories of all the places we've gone and have yet to go. We found a cute little antique shop ( a new love of Trev and I's ) on the strip and they had many to choose from. We then headed down to the beach with our new jar to gather our first collection of sand. I just realized I didnt get a picture of it...boo!

The home we stayed in. Notice the snow on the groud!!! It snowed about an inch while we were there...gorgeous!


We also decided to visit Fort Columbia State Park. It was soping wet from the melting snow and freezing, pretty interesting to see what it was like back then and where the troops hunkered down.




Trevor's getting pretty good at taking backwards shots!



We had such a wonderful time and am really excited to go back for another visit!

No comments: