Peyton and Gwen have a party in CANDY LAND!!

I've wanted to throw a candy land themed birthday party since before I had kids. I love the game, love candy, and after coming across the game at Goodwill I decided this was the year. I came up with the idea of combining the girls' parties throwing a play date party for Peyton and a family gathering for Gwen on the same weekend. This way I'd cook once, decorate once, and make invites once...brilliant!

{ Peyton's Play date }


The invites were so much fun to make...I'm a huge fan of Martha Stewart crafts!

 I found two CANDY LAND games at goodwill for $2 each and bought all the candy and gift bag items at the Dollar Tree. They also had the cutest windmills and vibrant daisies that I used for the front yard..score! Which by the way I forgot to take pictures of. I made Candy wreath that I also forget to photograph...




I also found bowels and candlesticks at goodwill that I made into a 3 tiered candy dish.


 For the gift bags I included jelly belly edible bubbles, sweethearts chap stick, a tootsie roll piggy bank (tootsies not included...that would have been sugar overload), a Reese's peanut butter cup, a few kisses, a windup popcorn cup and a toothbrush with floss. It was the least I could for the parents he he!



Peyton was ecstatic to have a party with all her friends. 


Instead of cake I decided to keep it simple and do an ice cream sundae bar. They loved it!


Attempting to get a group photo with 3 year olds. The party was a success and Peyton had a ball! I'm seriously considering doing this theme for the next few years because I LOVE IT...what child is going to resist a CANDY LAND birthday?

{ Gwen's Party }


When Peyton had her first birthday, I decided I wanted to make the kids' cakes (dessert) every year and this year was no exception even though making the ultimate Candy Land themed birthday cake was a little intimidating. So I turned for ideas on the Internet and found some amazing cakes including the one that inspired me to make mine. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. I was pretty impressed and it was quite easy.


For Gwen's cake I had to get a little creative with the left overs.






Her coveted Glow Worm



Does she ever resist eating anything!?!

Cutie Petutie in her sprinkles dress.


The lollipop was the first to get eaten...she LOVES lollies.


The end result!!! Well done Gwen!

1 comment:

Cooper Family said...

Wish we could have been in town to make it to the fun party!