A time to Budget!

Everyone knows how imprortant it is to have a budget and now that it's a new year I have made it a goal to concentrate on keeping up with managing our family budget. Especially now that we will be adding another little one to our family soon, sticking to a budget seems to be even more important. I have never been very good at this, not to mention who has time to sit down and go through a ton of receipts and statements and enter it into a spreadsheet that you hardly understand how to manage. Especially with a 2 year old hanging on one leg, a baby screaming for food (well soon to be), and a husband asking the ETA on dinner. Finding time to budget as a busy stay at home mom has pretty much taken the back seat to the rest of my priorities. Not being much of a fan of excel and other spreadsheets used for budgeting, I found myself searching the internet at 11:00pm last night for an easy system on how to formulate a simple budget and voila...I found exactly what I was looking for. BudgetSimple is free and only took me 30 minutes to enter in all my expenses. Its a very user friendly site and has a blog attached with useful information on forming and managing your budget.


Here is a sneak peek of what their site has to offer for those of you who are interested:

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey Britt, Mom said you had a baby shower last weekend? Do you have pictures?