Saturday was a good day. Peyton was pretty tired but comfortable. Our regular tests went by with out any hiccups. Later in the afternoon I was able to hold Peyton and we took a ride around the unit in a wheel chair. It felt so good to cuddle her into my arms since I hadn't held her in almost a week. She enjoyed be able to get out of her bed for a while. Labs came and went with minimal changes except the LDH which continues to go down. Peyton is still throwing up and having occasional fevers. They are hopeful the labs will continue to bring better news.
White blood cells are down to 19.0
(normal is 5.0-13.0)
Hemoglobin is down to 7.2
(normal is 11.5-13.5)
(normal is 5.0-13.0)
Hemoglobin is down to 7.2
(normal is 11.5-13.5)
Hematocrit is down to 20.3
(normal is 29-41)
(normal is 6-20)
Creatinine is up to 2.12
(normal is 0.17-0.35)
Lactic Dehydrogenase is down from 1554to 1533
(normal is 130-360)
THIS IS THE MAIN # WE WATCH TO SEE IF SHE IS IMPROVING...WE HAVE A WAYS TO GO.
Creatinine is up to 2.12
(normal is 0.17-0.35)
Lactic Dehydrogenase is down from 1554to 1533
(normal is 130-360)
THIS IS THE MAIN # WE WATCH TO SEE IF SHE IS IMPROVING...WE HAVE A WAYS TO GO.
(Most of these results will change with the next blood test because of the dialysis)
We are also waiting on results of her blood culture taken today to determine if her blood is still infected with any bacteria. We should be getting those on Tuesday. We are planning on being in the PICU for at least another week.
Today has been so overwhelming. Getting a call at home in the middle of the night that my daughter has suffered a seizure is not the news I was hoping for, but it keeps us in the PICU for another week which is where I really want her to be until she is 100%. Here she is being monitored continuously and the doctors and nurses are only a few feet away. I am grateful I wasn't here to experience this horrible event. The last thing I want is the picture of my daughter suffering through a seizure running through my head over and over. It breaks my heart though to think it will be in my husbands and mother in laws. I keep looking over at her picture tonight and see the Peyton I miss smiling in pigtails and holding her little sister. I wish I could turn back the clock and maybe have prevented this. It is no ones fault she is here. I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason. I know that God would never give me anything I couldn't handle and that every trial has it's lessons. I have learned that children are a gift from God and it is not one to be taken advantage of. I could so easily loose my little girl with this disease and never get the opportunity to see her first day of school, or help her plan her wedding day, or see her become a mother. I sympathize with all the mothers out there that have lost a child and it breaks my heart to think I could be one of them. My purpose of life has changed, my priorities have changed. I thought my children were number one in my life, but as I look back at how I used to spend my time as a mother, I know I could have done better. It is my promise to my girls that I will never waiver, I will never again take my time with them for granted, and I will always look back at this time and be thankful that my eyes were opened before it is to late.
5 comments:
Oh, Brittney! You are an amazing mother. Through all of Chris' stroke, the thought that went through our heads over and over was "Better one of us then one of them." I can't imagine watching one of my girls go through this and admire you for your strength and your faith. We are praying for you and thinking of you always.
Peyton is in our thoughts and in our prayers. You are an amazing mother and Peyton knows that she is cared for and loved. You are doing the best that you can and you should be proud that you have such a strong little girl. She is a fighter and she will pull through. Just be prepared for all of the crazy energy when she is healthy and Gwen starts crawling! You will have your hands full!!!
Hey, not sure if you remeber us, my brother nick was one of Dane's best friends. I'm so sorry to hear about little Peyton. She is such a doll. You are such strong and caring parents. I hope she gets to feeling better soon. Good luck to you and your family in this hard time.
Love the Sullivans
Brittney and Trevor,
We wanted to let you know your family has been in our thoughts and prayers. We are so sorry you guys are going through this. We have been getting daily updates from the Winkles and are thinking about you guys. We are here for you. Peyton will fight this and she has so many people backing her, praying for her and loving her. All of which will help.
Take care always,
Your neighbors, The Nelsons
Kraig, Jenny, Katelynn, Connor and Kayla
i can barely look at your posts with out wanting to bawl(being pregnant does not help either) i cant help but think if it was one of my girls. I cannot imagine how you and trevor are feeling every day. Hang in there. I am sure she will be fine in the end.
Post a Comment