Our friends Ashton and Peyton surprised us with a call inviting us to OMSI last Friday. I was so excited because not only was I praying for a reason to get out of the house but I hadn't been since I was a little girl. I was so anxious to see what Peyton would think now that she is walking and getting more interactive.
We started our tour in the engineering section of the museum. The first experiment we tried was at a large metal ball that you place one hand on while another person cranks a wheel generating electricity. This in turn is supposed to make your hair stand. I thought this would be a great picture opportunity with Peyton. Fortunately I decided to try it first before Peyton to see if it would work. The moment I touched that ball and sharp zing went through my hand all the way down the right side of my body. Needless to say it hurt and I was glad I didn't let Peyton try that one. My hair didn't even stand.
Peyton loved the fun house mirrors. She danced around in front of them checking her self out at every angle.

Next we were off to the chemistry lab. The girls were able to pick out their goggles and we couldn't resist getting a picture. They didn't stay on long though and I didn't blame them. We couldn't do much in the chem lab since the girls were so young. But they did show us how different chemicals react to flames which result in an array of bright colors. This the girls seemed to really enjoy.
Flying the spaceship
Peyton's favorite was the earthquake house. She couldn't resist push the buttons repeatedly to initiate the quakes and attempted to dance along to the music playing while trying to stay on her feet. She did pretty well for a level 6 quake. 

My favorite was watching the girls play in the kids play land. They had everything from sandboxes to air mechanics, and water works. The girls looked so adorable in their little smocks and surprisingly stayed pretty dry. It was a good day!
House Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment