Project Peyton's Place

INSPIRATION ROOM

Now that we have another little one coming along its time to graduate Peyton from her nursery into a "big girls" room. I was originally set on the Pottery Barn Brooke Bedding collection for her room but I just couldn't bring myself to spend 400.00 for it. My hope was to then find something a little on the vintage side with a touch of whimsy with the color scheme of light cranberry, canary yellow, turquoise, soft lime green and white. So, I have been searching hi and low for ideas to decorate a toddlers room on a budget and have had no luck. Finally I received some much needed inspiration from a lady who posted her girls room pictures on Rate My Space, a link on HGTV.com. I fell in love with the colors and the girly touches. I know it seems a little grown up for a toddler who hasn't yet turned 2, but I cant bring myself to buy her character inspired bedding and decor, its just to ordinary and I'm sure it would get old fast. I figured with this style of room she'll be able to grow with it and be inspired to be creative herself. So I'm off in search of fabric and whimsical little trinkets to decorate with. I have only two months to get her in her in her new room so she can get used to it before the baby comes in March. I need your help finding any good antique shops, resale stores, or flea markets so please email me or comment with your ideas. I will post before and after pictures once complete. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

The Thelins said...

No ideas, but oh SO cute!! I'm always up for some serious shopping/hunting. Let me know when you need company.