Book Collection...

The other day I was wondering around the house doing my daily tasks when I realized it had gotten very quite. Last time Peyton was out of my site for to long she found my makeup drawer and painted blush all over our vanity and her face. This time though I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into her room and found her curled up on her bed quietly reading a book. It was then that I realized this poor girl has no story books. All her books are filled with numbers, letters, or colors accompanied by the occasional animal or two which are great for teaching these things but every child needs story books. I have waited for the time when Trev and I can sit down with our kids and enjoy a great story before bedtime. Well the day has come and I have no good story books to share with her. So I am asking for some suggestions. What are your kids' favorite story books? Or what do you remember being your favorite to read as a child? I'm thinking of starting a collection of classics for her and her soon to be sister. So think of stories like "Thumbelina" or in light of the season, "The Night Before Christmas" for instance.

3 comments:

landmark lighting said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Life Is Good said...

Rowan loves "Where's Spot" and "Moo Baa LaLaLa".

Sarah said...

Get Honey For a Child's Heart from the library. They talk about all sorts of fabulous classics for kids of all ages. We love books by Ruth Krause, Beatrix Potter, Dr Seuss and we have recently fallen in love with the older Golden Books. (not the disney ones...yuck! You can find a lot of them in reprint at Fred Meyer's and such.) Enjoy starting your collection. The best way to get your kids to love reading is to surround them by books!